Physiotherapist – Booragoon and East Fremantle
Lauren graduated from James Cook University in 2014 with an academic medal of excellence.
She hit the ground running working autonomously in musculoskeletal private practice. She has upskilled in the detailed assessment of musculoskeletal pain through a system called Connect Therapy. This method of assessment is particularly relevant for longstanding or recurrent pain, where the practitioner can not only identify the current source of pain but also the many contributing factors that drive this pain. This makes Lauren a fantastic physio for complex cases where “nothing has worked in the past.”
Lauren has also completed further training in Dry Needling and Clinical Pilates.
Lauren and her partner moved back to Perth in 2017 to start a family. With two little rugrats in toe, Lauren has continued to progress her career by undertaking many professional development courses and enrolling into a Graduate Diploma in Rehabilitation, with an emphasis on Women’s Health & Continence and Gerontology; her two special interest areas.
Lauren aspires to help women of all ages gain control of their pelvic health, including continence management. Additionally, with an ageing population, Lauren is a firm advocate for keeping older adults in their homes for as long as possible. The role of rehabilitation in the geriatric population is essential for achieving this and this is where Lauren’s training and expertise come in to play.
In saying this, Lauren still considers herself a generalist physiotherapist, therefore welcomes any client to book in with her and experience her holistic approach to physiotherapy.
Lauren can assist with the following Women’s Health issues:
- Urinary and faecal incontinence including stress and urge urinary incontinence
- Vaginal bulging/heaviness/pelvic organ prolapse
- Over active bladder/urinary frequency/urinary urgency
- Safe exercise prescription during the antenatal and postnatal period
- Pelvic girdle pain
- Pregnancy related musculoskeletal pain & disorders (back pain, sciatic pain, carpal tunnel)
- Tummy muscle separation (rectus diastasis)
- Vaginismus/ Sexual pain (Dyspareunia)
- Reduced sensation/less intense orgasm
- Healthy bowel habits/constipation management
- Vaginal birth / Caesarean birth recovery